What five books/series have you read that made the most impact on who you are?
They can be other than fantasy but I doubt this will be often.
1) Crime and Punishment by Doestoevsky (not fantasy but a good book). This heavily influenced my view of good vs bad or of societal impacts of personal actions.
2) The Legend of Huma by Knaak. The honor displayed by Kaz the minotaur become a basis for how I try to live.
3) The Scorpion (Legend of the Five Rings: Clan War, First Scroll) by Sullivan. The honor displayed in this book in cohesion with the "Anything for the Empire" was something that I found moving.
4) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (and The Hobbit) by Tolkien. The characters of Gimli and Boromir often inspired me while Faramir's relationship with Denethor often reminded me of what I went through with my father.
5) The Dragonlance Chronicles by Weis and Hickman. These heroes pulled me in so deeply to be the first set I read on my own that made me feel emotions. Friends like these are what I have always desired.
How about you?